Available only to residents of Shawnee County, The GraceMed Pregnancy Maintenance Initiative (PMI) Program provides in-person care and support to expecting moms. Our goal is to help maintain a healthy pregnancy for all moms, preparing them for the safe delivery of a full term baby.
This program, offered free of charge, is funded in part by GraceMed and the State of Kansas.
Our PMI case manager is based out of our Capitol Family Clinic in Topeka, located at 1400 SW Huntoon.
The case manager is available to meet with pregnant moms from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Assistance setting appointments for pre-natal medical care
- Dental care
- Vision services
- Pharmacy for any prescribed medications
- And behavioral health consultations
We can also help with:
- Locating affordable housing
- Full or part-time employment
- Finding a parenting class to fit your schedule
- Doula services
- Any other needs that will support your health and well-being before and after the birth of your baby.
All services are available through your pregnancy and until 6 months after the birth of your baby.
If you have other children in the home and need help finding community resources or receiving medical care for them, we can also help with those requests. If anyone in the household is uninsured we will meet with you to determine eligibility for state Medicaid / CHIP coverage; and if so, help you complete the KanCare application.
For questions about the PMI program and eligibility make an appointment by contacting: