Coming to the race
If you haven't already registered online or at one of our registration sites, check in at the registration tables set up at the entrance to GraceMed on the east side of our building, facing Emporia. The first 1,500 registrants will receive a ‘Say Grace’ Thanksgiving Day 5K Race technical shirt, coupons from our sponsors, and post-race food and entertainment.
Race Day Parking
Parking is available in several lots close to the start and finish lines. Three large lots are available on either side of Topeka Street just south of 10th Street. Overflow parking will be available at 10th and St. Francis and Broadway and 11th. There will be race volunteers to guide you. Please park only in a designated lot.
Enjoy the flat, fast course through Wichita’s historic Midtown neighborhood. This area has some of the city’s oldest and finest homes which are opened up each year for public tours. Don’t miss your chance to see them as you run through our 5K course. The race will begin on the west side of GraceMed’s building on Topeka St. and end on the building’s east side. The Say Grace Race is CHIP timed by GoRace.
Schedule of Events
8:00–9:15: Packet Pick-up and Race Day Registration (cash or check only)
9:00: Judging for “Fancy Feathers” Best Dressed Team – Emporia Park
9:30: Race Begins
9:45–11:00: Post Race Food, Music
10:30: Overall, Team, Age-Group Awards Presentation
After the Race
Awards will be given to overall and age-group winners at the conclusion of the race. The overall top three (3) male and female runners will receive commemorative plates and cash!
1st place: $200
2nd place: $125
3rd place: $75
Please note: If any cash prizes are refused or unclaimed, they will be donated to GraceMed Health Clinic.
Age Group Awards
The top three runners in each age group will be awarded a commemorative plate featuring this year's race logo. Our youngest age group winners will receive a medallion.
Male and Female Age Group Divisions are as follows:
9 & Under
70 & Over
The 1st male and female overall masters finishers (age 40+) receive commemorative plates and $100 cash.
- The Fancy Feathers Award: Go “colonial” by dressing as a group of pilgrims, or shake your tail-feathers by dressing as a gang of turkeys! Whatever you do, show your holiday spirit because the best dressed team wins the Fancy Feathers Trophy.
- The Pilgrim’s Pride Award: This one is all about quantity. Recruit as many family, friends, co-workers, or complete strangers as you can because the team with the most members takes home this handsome trophy!
- The Galloping Gobbler Award: Train hard or recruit some ringers. This trophy is awarded to the fastest team. The times of the top 4 team members will be added to determine which team has the speediest strut.
- The Mayflower Moniker Award: Let the creative juices flow! Come up with the best team name and your group will be taking home this prize.
- Pastor Jon Jones Cup Competition: This award goes to the Methodist Church team with the highest percentage of participation, as either runners or volunteers, based on their total church membership. The winner hold the cup for one year until next year’s race.