About the Position
Provides coordination and implementation of the continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives of the health clinic. The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Coordinator include the following areas: CQI program, Risk Management and Conflict Resolution
Dependent on Experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide consistent weekly communication to supervisor, ensuring that information, reports, and materials are provided, to clearly describe QA/QI activities and progress toward agreed upon objectives
- Responsible for coordination of the Rev-Up Annual Report
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to clinical practice guidelines through coordinating/performing chart audits. These chart audits will be done monthly, quarterly or yearly and are centered upon reviews in a lifecycle area (e.g. pediatrics, adult, geriatric, etc.), an individual provider’s performance, or upon a Service Line (e.g. diabetes, asthma, etc.). The Coordinator will compile and summarize findings with recommendations for quality improvement to the operations team, through the reports given to supervisor
- Responsible for ensuring patient privacy
- Responsible for POI audits
- Coordinates periodic patient surveys and compiles reports to supervisor to be used in provider performance assessments
- Coordinates HEDIS chart requests for various insurance companies
- Coordinates various quality initiative programs including tracking progress and helping staff set and meet improvement goals
- Receives, investigates, and works with appropriate managers to resolve patient complaints. Tracks and manages all UOR’s.
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in related field preferred
- Health care setting and/or community health care experience preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in quality, quality assurance, or risk management
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent analytical skills for preparing reports, devising solutions, and implementing changes in a health care setting
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Must be able to interact with staff at all levels, other government officials, governing boards, private agencies, auditors, and contractors
- Excellent patient/client relations skills
Work Environment & Schedule
Administrative office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.