About the Position
Provides professional dental hygienist services to complement the provider’s role of delivering primary dental care services at GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to Dental Hygiene Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and instruments
- Maintains clinical equipment and supplies
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas, and in the patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required; prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage, and other office duties
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Assists in the development and documentation of protocols related to his/her job functions
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Kansas
- ECP certification preferred
- CPR certification required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Previous dental office experience preferred
- Previous computer experience or training preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Able to maintain appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Understands ethics of confidentiality
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
- Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff
Work Environment & Schedule
Dental office environment. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Schedule and availability of hours will vary.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.