About the Position
Provides community outreach services through promotion and representation of GraceMed dental services to Sedgwick County and surrounding areas.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to the Dental Hygiene Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with communicating with schools, head start programs and long term care facilities to maintain existing relationships and schedule future dates for services
- Evaluates and establishes expectations and responsibilities between GraceMed and entities receiving dental services. Provides Expectations Worksheet and Exit Interview forms to contacts at each site
- Coordinates and evaluates facilities preparedness and capabilities needed to support outreach prior to services. Ensures that assistance is being provided by the host site through either staff or volunteers
- Schedules outreach hygiene services in coordination with supervisor
- Assists with communicating with the outreach site as needed to include but not limited to; logistics of site set-up, direction of patient flow, communication with contacts, compiles outreach patient paperwork and makes sure all information needed is provided by legal parent/guardian
- Responsible for processing patient records and billing information for each site visit and submitting the data to the appropriate party in a timely fashion
- Data collection and maintain the patient data base for all grant reporting related to GraceMed’s preventative portable dental services
- Provides routine, weekly communication with supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel to outreach locations
- CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in dental field
- Prior FQHC or public health clinic experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to provide innovative input into the development of the dental hub concept
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
- Ability to communicate and relate well with public
- Efficient, organized and accurate recordkeeping, scheduling, and communications
- Ability to work flexible schedules required
- Understanding of ethics of confidentiality
Work Environment & Schedule
Dental office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls. Travel to various outreach locations required.
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.