About the Position
To provide ongoing training and mentorship to our medical support team in the area of lab, vaccines, webIZ and the entry of data into the electronic medical records.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to the Director of Operations
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will leverage their expertise to deliver education services to other Medical Assistants including but not limited to:
- Preparing course plans and materials
- Delivering courses
- Monitoring progress outside of the class
- On a continual basis; advising our Medical Support Team
- Initial/Annual Competency (skill checkoff)Must be able to effectively perform and train others on the following skills; phlebotomy, administration of vaccines/other injectables, documentation of immunizations, and charting within electronic medical record. The Medical Support Trainer will also complete the following:
- Assesses and signs off on Medical Support completion of competency training
- Maintains training checkoff list for managers and Director of Operations
- Daily clinic site visits to ensure proper implementation of training
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited program for Certified Medical Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred
- CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Minimum of one year experience performing Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy duties. May include those acting in LPN or other similar health care roles
- Minimum of one year in a proven successful training role required
- Previous computer experience or training in medical field preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Can provide innovative input into the development of the office and its processes
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations
- Understands ethics of confidentiality
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
Work Environment & Schedule
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Schedule will vary by clinic, but will be normally scheduled 40 hours per work week (Monday-Friday). Schedules may vary based on patient volume.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.