About the Position
This position is responsible for performing critical financial analysis of patient accounts, records and posts cash and credit payments for clinic patients and reconcile daily cash.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to Revenue Cycle Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with patients regarding financial status of account, including understanding of patient account history
- Determine and collect deposit payments, insurance co-pay, lab, clinic charges, and bad debt payments as appropriate from patients
- Processes cash and credit/debit cards payments received and posts payments to appropriate charges
- Process same day refunds and refunds to credit card as approved by appropriate manager
- Reconciles all cash, checks and credits card charges daily
- Prepares daily deposit transmittal
- Documents patient account information in computer system
- Interfaces with corporate finance/billing or financial consultants as requested
- Maintains patient and corporate confidentiality at all times
- Assists with other special department projects as needed
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Previous handling and reconciliation of cash
- Customer service, multi-line telephone, and computer experience
- Previous administrative, and/or medical office experience preferred
- Previous experience with medical and dental insurance preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrate ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills and commitment to accuracy
- Understands ethics of confidentiality
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must possess high level of skill and accuracy in entering data into computer while talking to patients in person and by phone
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Honest, courteous and professional at all times
- Learns new concepts and procedures quickly
- Able to provide innovative input into the development of the office environment and its processes
Work Environment & Schedule
Administrative office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 7:45am to 5:00pm., schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.