About the Position
This position ensures clinical and service quality and assists supervisor with budget constraints to make sure they are maintained in accordance with organizational goals and objectives. Ensures effective communication between providers and staff. Provides leadership and manages clinic staff and operations. Provides leadership to complement the provider’s role of delivering primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to Director of Operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- General supervision of assigned clinic staff to ensure they are effectively performing job duties
- Performs clinic staffing duties, including interviewing, training, scheduling, and performance management with guidance from supervisor and Human Resources
- Tracks timesheets, scheduling, and coordinating of staff for all leave types, to include but not limited to; PTO requests, attendance issues, and FMLA, in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensures that clinic operations meet GraceMed’s quality standards
- Oversees and coordinates clinic operation duties including clinic supply management, equipment and medication orders, administration of medication, referrals, policy and procedures, budgets, responses to employee and patient questions and concerns, and completes appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Responsible for coordinating employee training, including CPR re-certifications
- Supervises volunteers and students for internships/externships and delegates authority and responsibility as needed
- Meets with supervisor weekly to share information, reports and materials relevant to clinic and goals; leads monthly staff meetings; and attends other meetings as required
- Represents GraceMed at functions as requested; especially community integration activities
- Ensures compliance with standards, laws and regulations as directed by regulatory and accrediting organizations such as but not limited to: NCQA, Meaningful Use, UDS, CLIA, OSHA, State and Federal Governments
- Covers staff absences as allowed by licensure
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Current State of Kansas licensure as an RN required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare preferred
- CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Minimum three years of experience in health care environment; primary care office or Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) preferred
- Minimum two years of proven supervisory experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of confidentiality and patient privacy policies and regulations
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Able to provide innovative input into the development of the office and its processes
Work Environment & Schedule
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.