About the Position
Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic; provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and medical support staff. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer.
GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options: Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to $50,000 in federal educational loan forgiveness. Additional compensation for bilingual employees. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
The Provider has a primary obligation to the Corporation as a whole and reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and where needed
- Reviews assigned midlevel provider’s patient charts to check for quality of care
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic; may involve adult special needs patients
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient
- Provides patient education as needed
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Participates in on-call schedule
- Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors
- Represent GraceMed at functions as requested
- Supports the mission of GraceMed Health Clinic
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Communicates with the clinic’s partners and patients
- Responsible for approving and maintaining treatment protocols utilized by midlevel staff
- Assists with orientation and training of midlevel providers
- Medical Doctor shall review an adequate sample of mid-level medical records with particular emphasis on the appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said medical records shows that corrective steps are necessary, Medical Doctor shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities, as clinic shall from time to time reasonably request
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
- Sets an example as a medical professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Observes standards of medical care
- Efficient, organized and accurate.
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree required
- Current State of Kansas MD or DO licensure required
- Current DEA certificate required
- Board Certification in Specialty preferred
- Experience in public health preferred.
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Understands ethics of confidentiality
- Previous computer experience or training required
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.
Work Environment & Schedule
Medical office environment. Multi-task oriented position including direct patient care may require sitting or standing for long periods. Some bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs). Must interact with providers, patients and other office personnel. Must possess socio-economic and cultural sensitivity. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. Will involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to assist with procedures, perform and interpret lab results, and interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls and extensive patient interaction.
This is an exempt position. The Medical Provider/Physician is expected to work within the normal workweek plus on-call schedule. This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.