About the Position
Serves as on-site first level of support, relief, and assistance for GraceMed employees. IT Assistant maintains various communications (telecommunication and/or data) systems involving both multiple-site and internal central office systems (installation, setup, and repair of clinic computer components). Participates in the addition, moves, changes, and deletions involved with switches, cabling, cross connects, and voice mail system. Responsible for answering, commenting, and replying to help desk inquiries. Have ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to the Director of Information Technology
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the first level of IT support for GraceMed
- Repairs, Spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshoot and upgrades
- Update and maintain company contacts
- Assist support staff with field work as needed
- Sets up and operates computer and peripherals to computer and providing training information to requesting clients
- Set and load computer equipment with required items and prepares computer equipment for operation
- Monitors IT components and maintains system efficiency. Ensures the design of multiple computer system components work collectively together
- Troubleshoots problems reported by users and by automated network monitoring systems
- Reviews backlogged work orders to ensure that assignments are completed; responds to problems in a tactful and expedient manner
- Delivers expected service levels within the prescribed budget
- Responsible for all tagging of inventory
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with staff and vendors
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or Associate’s degree and/or relevant certification required
- Previous IT experience required, experience within a clinical setting or community health center is preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to multi task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, IT Helpdesk environment
- Excellent analytical skills necessary for preparing reports, devising solutions, and implementing changes in a health care setting
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals in order to make repairs to computer equipment.
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spyware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run computer systems
- Familiarity with confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements in a medical setting as well as confidentiality when handling or viewing sensitive information
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Must be able to interact with staff at all levels, other government officials, governing boards, private agencies, auditors, and contractors
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in computer systems
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from vendors, co-worker, supervisor, and/or management
- Ability to perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing supervising, persuading or speaking to others
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Work Environment & Schedule
Administrative office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. May require work outside of usual business hours; including evenings or weekends, to handle customer service or personnel issues and attend meetings and/or community events.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.