About the Position
Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic; provides clinical leadership and supervision of midlevel providers and medical support staff.
GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options; Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to the maximum in federal educational loan forgiveness. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises assigned midlevel providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegates authority and responsibility when and where needed
- Reviews assigned midlevel provider’s patient charts to check for quality of care
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions
- Obtains and documents appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient
- Provides patient education as needed
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Participates in on-call schedule
- Works closely with the supervisor to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested
- Represent GraceMed at functions as requested
- Communicates with the clinic’s partners and patients
- Responsible for approving and maintaining treatment protocols utilized by midlevel staff
- Assists with orientation and training of midlevel providers
- Medical Doctor shall review an adequate sample of mid-level medical records with particular emphasis on the appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said medical records shows that corrective steps are necessary, Medical Doctor shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities, as clinic shall from time to time reasonably request
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree
- Current State of Kansas MD or DO licensure
- Current DEA certificate
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Board Certification in Specialty preferred
- Experience in public health preferred
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations
Work Environment & Schedule
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.