About the Position
Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic, working under the guidance of the Chief Medical Clinic Officer and Supervising Physician.
GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options; Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to the maximum in federal educational loan forgiveness. Additional compensation for bilingual employees. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
Reports to Chief Medical Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the clinic
- Available to staff at all times to respond to emergencies and answer medical questions
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each assigned patient
- Provides medical orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient
- Provides patient education as needed
- Supervises patient care by non-clinic agencies such as home health care, nursing home, or hospice.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care
- Completes appropriate paperwork in compliance with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Participates in on-call rotation schedule
- Assists with development of programs to increase or improve clinical services
- Assists with review, revision and development of clinical policies and procedures
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance
- Assists with medical equipment budgeting, feasibility analysis, and acquisition
- Represents GraceMed at functions as requested
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree
- Current State of Kansas APRN licensure
- Board certification
- Current DEA certificate
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Experience in public health preferred
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
- Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during stressful situations
Work Environment & Schedule
Medical office setting. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Normal schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., Thursday 10:00am- 7:00pm, schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.