About the Position
Provides professional dental services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc. Provides clinical leadership and supervision of dental support staff. Works closely with the Chief Dental Officer to ensure quality of care.
GraceMed offers the following competitive salary and traditional benefit options: Base Salary, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, participation in 403b retirement with matching, Paid CME/CDE, health, dental, and vision insurance for self and family, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and many other voluntary benefits. And if you qualify, practicing at GraceMed may entitle you to earn up to $50,000 in federal educational loan forgiveness. Additional compensation for bilingual employees. Company provided scrubs and weekends off.
The Dentist has a primary obligation to the Corporation as a whole and reports to the Chief Dental Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides dental evaluation, treatment, and consultation services to patients of the clinic
- Responds to emergencies and answers dental questions
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past dental, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient
- Provides dental orders for prescription refills, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient
- Provides patient education as needed
- Answers questions for patients, personally or through clinical staff, in order to relay information regarding their care
- Completes appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Works closely with the Chief Dental Officer to provide leadership and medical direction for the clinic
- Maintains approved treatment protocols utilized by staff
- Assists with orientation and training of dental providers
- Reviews an adequate sample of dental records with particular emphasis on; appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said dental records shows that corrective steps are necessary, Dentist shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
- Sets an example as a dental professional by observing work start and stop times, giving adequate notice for absences, and following clinic’s operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Able to communicate and relate well with providers and clinical staff
- Maintains appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CME requirements
- Observes standards of dental care
- Efficient, organized and accurate
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry
- Licensure as a dentist in the State of Kansas
- Licensure to prescribe medication in the State of Kansas
- Previous dental office experience preferred
- Previous computer experience or training required
- CPR Certification required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- Understands ethics of confidentiality
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines
Work Environment & Schedule
Dental office environment. Multi-task oriented position including direct patient care may require sitting or standing for long periods. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs) may be required. Must interact with providers, patients and other office personnel. Must possess socio-economic and cultural sensitivity. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. Will involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to assist with procedures, perform and interpret lab results, and interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls and extensive patient interaction.
This is an exempt position. The Dentist is expected to work within the normal workweek plus additional duties that can only be done outside of business hours.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
The above statement statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.