About the Position
Provides community outreach services through representation of GraceMed dental services to Sedgwick County and surrounding areas.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to the Dental Hygiene Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with the coordination and evaluation for facilities preparedness and capabilities needed to support outreach prior to services
- Assists with coordination of outreach site as needed to include but not limited to: logistics of site set-up, direction of patient flow, communication with contacts
- Reviews outreach patient paperwork and makes sure all information needed is provided by legal parent/guardian as well as checking for completion of children’s dental chart (screening results are concurrent with chart findings)
- Reviews to ensure completion of patient screening information after preventive services and/or screening process that is handed in from the Dental Hygienists
- Assists with the processing of patient records, student roster screening results as well as compiles state screening data for submission to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Locates and relocates desks, chairs, tables, bookcases, and other related office equipment and furniture when needed at the outreach site to assure sufficient space for dental outreach equipment/clinic
- Monitors inventory of dental supplies in all portable dental outreach containers as well as a running list of what is in the outreach supply room at GraceMed and reports shortages to supervisor
- Operates a large vehicle for the transportation of moving outreach equipment to different locations
- Operates mechanical lift gates to facilitate loading and unloading of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation
- Loads and unloads dental outreach equipment and related materials onto and off of vans, ensuring that appropriate loading /packing is used to prevent damage
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment, and promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Will perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- CPR certification (must be obtained within 30 days of employment)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in dental field preferred
- Previous computer experience or training preferred
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Courteous, honest and professional at all times
- Ability to communicate and relate well with public
- Ability to work flexible schedules required (including early mornings)
- Understanding of ethics of confidentiality
Work Environment & Schedule
Travel to various outreach locations required. Dental office environment. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) and pushing or pulling (up to 75lbs.) may be required. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. May involve contact with angry, upset or ill persons. May involve potential exposure to blood and body fluids and other hazardous substances. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description has been examined for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995).
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. May require work outside of usual business hours; including evenings or weekends.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.