About the Position
Responsible for assisting supervisor in coordinating all Community Development tasks and general office tasks as assigned.
Dependent on Experience
Reports to the Director of Community Development
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor in overseeing all aspects of general office coordination
- Maintains supervisor’s office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
- Interacts with clients, vendors and visitors
- Opens sorts and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- Signs for and distributes UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing
- Files and retrieves organizational documents, records and reports
- Modifies documents such as reports, memos and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office or other programs
- Sets-up and coordinates meetings and conferences
- Completes daily deposit and sends information to appropriate staff
- Completes courier route in absence of facilities staff
- Assists with regional event planning in coordination with other administrative assistants
- Supports supervisor in assigned project-based work
- Coordinates office supply orders (non-clinical items)
Experience & Qualifications
Education & Experience
- High diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- Ability to work independently, organize, monitor, and adjust work as necessary to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission and values of GraceMed with socio-economic and cultural sensitivity in mind
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions
Work Environment & Schedule
Administrative office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, and lifting (up to 50lbs.) may be required. Ability to read computer screens for extended periods of time. Interaction with physicians, patients and other office personnel. Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity to interface with computer. Must have auditory acuity to handle phone calls.
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., schedule may vary.
As an employee of GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc., you are bound by principles of medical ethics. You have both a legal and moral obligation to protect the privacy of our patients. In the course of your work, you will have access to confidential information regarding patients, and/or the practices’ confidential business. It is essential that you refrain from any discussions regarding personal information about a patient, a patient’s condition, a patient’s finances, proprietary company information, and/or the practices’ confidential business with any third person. This includes, but is not limited to, other employees, your spouse, family or friends.
Confidentiality is so important that any breach of this policy will be considered grounds for termination. Review and signature of the Agreement is a condition of employment. Successful skills testing, drug screening, and a background check are required for employment.