Prescription Assistance Program (PAP)
The Prescription Assistance Program is a free service offered by GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc. Prescription Assistance (PA) is available through many pharmaceutical companies to assist patients in acquiring prescribed medication who would otherwise go without. PAP is NOT a pharmacy; however, the program offers:
- Assistance in filling out the required application(s)
- Additional options for you to receive your medication(s)
- Sample Medication (based on availability)
New additions to the Prescription Assistance Program take at least one (1) month to process.
Amendments to a pre-existing account usually take two (2) to three (3) weeks. We receive sample medications from the pharmaceutical companies. These medications are then distributed on a first-come, first served basis. In some instances, you may be responsible for purchasing your medication through a retail pharmacy. GraceMed is not responsible for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses. Again, the Prescription Assistance Program will provide you with every available option to avoid having you purchase the medication.
This program is a privilege, and you will be denied access if you do not comply with the policies set by GraceMed. If you find that you cannot agree to the following information please contact us immediately. It is your responsibility to provide correct information. You need to understand that you will be removed from the program if:
- You do not keep required appointments
- Don’t pick up medication within 10 days or receiving notification
- Don’t provide written documentation of income as required by the pharmaceutical companies
- Don’t sign application forms within 10 days of receiving notification
- You fail to update a change of address or phone number
- Provide false information
The Prescription Assistance Program staff is here to answer any questions. Please remember your provider is the ONLY ONE who can approve or write sample scripts.